Paracraft Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muravey - Introduction

Go down

Muravey - Introduction Empty Muravey - Introduction

Post  Muravey Sat May 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Hey, lads!

I found out about Minecraft -say- last autumn from a Swedish friend. Had no idea what he was on about but, knowing his great tastes in gaming, I decided to Google this game. It was love at first sight, to say the least. I'd been dreaming about this kind of gameplay (more or less without the pixelated graphic style, though I quickly got a feel for it) ever since I started playing games back when I was five.

Klik'n'play was the first game-creating software I got my hands onto, albeit an Italian version. With a rather poor understanding of mathematics at the time (not that I'm any better at it now) I tried to build a large top-down world engine in which the player could presumably do anything from playing football to getting married. Naturally, I never finished the damned thing. But the idea of making a sandbox "reality" game was still hot in my head. The Games Factory and Multimedia Fusion 1 & 2 followed suite.

Minecraft thus came as a revelation for my ever-growing distaste in fast-paced RTS, ever more violent FPS and sword'n'magic MMORPG gaming. I swear - I want to see Sundog-like level of play in today's space MMORPGs, meaning I want to be able to roam around the insides of my ship, be able to repair it with my own (3D) hands and then get back in the pilot's seat and be off. Not just blow other guys in illogical age-old conflicts.

Alas. Onto griefing, and I'll make it short. It blows my mind to see how many people, kids or otherwise, do this kind of crap. There's something in me that just doesn't understand the pleasure taken in destruction. Or, in this case, the pleasure one gets from causing grief. Some sort of twisted humour for the ones who don't have too much of a life to go the bloody hell outside and play in the sand or repair an old motorcycle.

Actually, there are two reasons why I've avoided multiplayer in this game: griefing and subsequent lengthy and overly-complex registration procedures to be able to play on any serious server. I'm hoping that'll be no more.

Alright, guys. That's about it for now, I've got a thesis to write. See you in cubic shape, eh?

Muravey.
Muravey
Muravey

Back to top Go down