Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Go down

Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  Potatoguru on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:18 pm

Title sais it all, server will be down for a little while, due to Virgil updating it to 1.3.

This might take a day or two, maybe more. =[ But hopefully it should be done sooner rather than later.

P.S Guys, the more you bug him about it the slower its gonna get done, just give him some breathing space and im sure hel get it done faster than if your constantly bugging him.

If you want any questions answered just ask here and ill be glad to help you, dont bug Virgil about it, ill try my best to answer your questions as long as there not too technical, because honestly i only have a brief idea on how the inner mechanics of a server work.


Last edited by Potatoguru on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Potatoguru

Posts : 24
Join date : 2011-02-22
Age : 23
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  NinBreak on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:42 am

i had that same problem but i could get it back to 1.2 with this link thepiratebay.org 6105226/Minecraft_Beta_1.2_01 it took me only 5-10 mins to do
its very easy when done downloading extract the files from the .zip into appdata/.minecraft/bin and ur done
and then it should work again

NinBreak

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-02-22
Age : 23
Location : Netherlands, Amersfoort

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  Lncr on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 am

Nin, why would you update back to 1.2 ??
The server is going 1.3, right?

So what is it, should we update to 1.3 or leave it 1.2?

Cheers

Lncr

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  NinBreak on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:01 am

cus the plugins virgil uses only works at 1.2 or he has te look for new plugins that work for 1.3 but that could take a while so it would be faster if he downgrades his minecraft to 1.2 and then look for 1.3 plugins and when he has those upgrade back to 1.3

NinBreak

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-02-22
Age : 23
Location : Netherlands, Amersfoort

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  Lncr on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:06 am

Could Virgil or Potato reply on this?

Is the server staying 1.2 or 1.3?

Thanks

Lncr

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  virgil on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:39 pm

We are doing alot of changes, we are indeed going over to 1.3, but we are also going over to bukkit, since hMod is no longer supported.

virgil
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-02-22

View user profile http://paracraft.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  NinBreak on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 pm

but wouldnt it be better to first open up the 1.2 and then look on another comp for 1.3 till it works and then go over to 1.3? that makes lower down time but same upgrade time needed

NinBreak

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-02-22
Age : 23
Location : Netherlands, Amersfoort

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  Lncr on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:30 pm

virgil wrote:We are doing alot of changes, we are indeed going over to 1.3, but we are also going over to bukkit, since hMod is no longer supported.

Thanks for the information.

Since I don't really know about things like bukkit, could you (once ready) make a post concerning everything we need to know before joining the server?
Like which mods / tools are needed and other important things.

I'm not really familiar with those kind of things, so a post like that could clear it all up.

Have a nice day

Lncr

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  virgil on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Lncr wrote:
virgil wrote:We are doing alot of changes, we are indeed going over to 1.3, but we are also going over to bukkit, since hMod is no longer supported.

Thanks for the information.

Since I don't really know about things like bukkit, could you (once ready) make a post concerning everything we need to know before joining the server?
Like which mods / tools are needed and other important things.

I'm not really familiar with those kind of things, so a post like that could clear it all up.

Have a nice day

All you will need is a client, everything will be staying the same, only things that will change are the server wrappers, and the actual server software.

virgil
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-02-22

View user profile http://paracraft.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  Potatoguru on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:36 pm

NinBreak wrote:i had that same problem but i could get it back to 1.2 with this link thepiratebay.org 6105226/Minecraft_Beta_1.2_01 it took me only 5-10 mins to do
its very easy when done downloading extract the files from the .zip into appdata/.minecraft/bin and ur done
and then it should work again

Ninbreak, its not as simple as that, you downgraded the client which is simple, virgil had updated the server to 1.3 not just his client and its probably harder and would take more time to downgrade the server back to 1.2 rather than update it to 1.3, and there are lots of positives with switching to bukkit, Hmods dead, where as with bukkit theres plenty more plugins, and its easier to work with. Also 1.3 is really worth having, im not sure many people noticed but the default graphics improved alot, and the game runs alot faster and more efficiently, it will definitley be worth waiting a day or two for Virgil to get it done.


Potatoguru

Posts : 24
Join date : 2011-02-22
Age : 23
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  Potatoguru on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:40 pm

NinBreak wrote:but wouldnt it be better to first open up the 1.2 and then look on another comp for 1.3 till it works and then go over to 1.3? that makes lower down time but same upgrade time needed

Virgil may not have two computers, and if he does they would probably run on the same internet connection therefore they would both have the same IP address.

And its too late to go back to 1.2 because Virgil already updated the server, but he needs to switch to bukkit and reinstall all the plugins and make the server bukkit compatible since we were formerly using Hmod which is a pile of crap compared to Bukkit as far as ive been told. tongue

Potatoguru

Posts : 24
Join date : 2011-02-22
Age : 23
Location : United Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  virgil on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:55 pm

What some people may not realise, is just because I develop things and run a server, does not mean I do not have a real life. Surprised big shocker there, virgil actual has a real life? Yeah I do, there are many factors, including things happening with my family which could stall progress, asking too many questions (unless they are small, and are very quick and easy to answer) will stall me even further. If you want the server up quicker then feel free to donate to the cause.

Also, to what potatoguru was saying, we also run over 40 different plugins (hidden to admins via ingame commands) which need to be converted.

virgil
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-02-22

View user profile http://paracraft.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  NinBreak on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:21 am

Potatoguru wrote:
Virgil may not have two computers, and if he does they would probably run on the same internet connection therefore they would both have the same IP address.

And its too late to go back to 1.2 because Virgil already updated the server, but he needs to switch to bukkit and reinstall all the plugins and make the server bukkit compatible since we were formerly using Hmod which is a pile of crap compared to Bukkit as far as ive been told. tongue

k well that is good to know but im both disapointed and happy cus now i know more about running a server then i did before xD

NinBreak

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-02-22
Age : 23
Location : Netherlands, Amersfoort

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 1.3 Beta out.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum